Thursday, July 08, 2010

City of Lockhart Elections

After spending more than two decades serving the constituents of District 2 and serving as Mayor-Pro for the City of Lockhart, I am announcing today that these next few months will be my last in the office as I have decided not run for re-election in the Nov. 2 general election. It’s been a great honor and learning experience for which I shall be forever grateful.
I am thankful by the outpouring of support and encouragement I have received from so many people and especially my family and while many have urged me to run for re-election, I believe this is the right time to leave after all these years of community service and I feel good about all of my accomplishments.
This is not an easy decision but one with which I am comfortable with. As the end of my term approaches and with the up-coming changes with work and my family, I will not be able to devote the time I believe necessary for me to be an effective council member and Mayor Pro-Tem. While I will miss working for the neighborhood and for the people of Lockhart as a whole, I am excited about future opportunities and remain committed to building the future of our city.

I sincerely hope that I have made a difference in someone’s life and the quality of our neighborhoods.
Thank you for your support, friendship and confidence.

Frank Estrada

No comments: